Immediate Supervisor: Director of Clinical Services
FLSA Classification: Full-time/Exempt
House of Ruth is a 31-year-old nonprofit HIV/AIDS services organization with a mission of strengthening lives for those with or affected by HIV/AIDS. We do this by offering housing and support services with a holistic focus on low-income individuals who are HIV-positive, as well as their family members who count on them for financial and emotional support.
Ours is a culture that values professionalism and integrity, along with an unwavering commitment to House of Ruth’s mission. The successful candidate is a hands-on problem solver who takes the job duties very seriously but can find humor in the day-to-day, sometimes unpredictable occurrences of a nonprofit that provides direct services to an underserved client population.
The Glade House Clinician provides behavioral health and case management services to residents of House of Ruth’s Glade House emergency shelter and single room occupancy (SRO) group facility. This position acts as primary contact with the 13 adult residents in managing their treatment plan to achieve individualized goals that emphasize obtaining safe, stable housing and increased financial resources. Schedule is 1st shift Monday through Friday, with rotating on-call duties.
- Master’s Degree in a social services or related field required.
- Kentucky license preferred (CSW, LPCA, LCADC, LPATA, MFTA, LPCC, LMFT, LPAT, or LCSW), but not required.
- One year experience working with individuals who are homeless, HIV-positive, or coping with addiction, mental illness, or chronic illness required.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
Responsibilities: intake assessments for new clients.
- Provide clinical and case management services for 13 residents through face-toface meetings multiple times weekly as required to respond to client needs in completing treatment plan.
- Facilitate group counseling services.
- Develop and implement client life skills activities.
- Collaborate with Director of Clinical Services to maintain the Glade House physical facility and therapeutic milieu.
- Work as integral member of housing/treatment team.
- Provide basic monitoring of Glade House activities and residents.
- Serve as a client advocate and provide necessary resources/referrals to higher levels of care.
- Engage in safety planning with clients.
- Assist clients in securing affordable housing, including interfacing with Louisville Metro Housing Authority for Housing Choice vouchers and other community housing providers as needed.
- Maintain required documentation (e.g., client database, statistical data, client files, treatment plans).
- Participate in House of Ruth special events, including periodic family holiday celebrations and agency fundraisers.
- Must have automobile with valid insurance available for work duties. Mileage reimbursement provided.
- Additional, selected responsibilities or tasks to be performed from time to time may be required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary range: $45,000–$56,000 based on license and experience
Benefits include group health and life insurance, employer IRA plan, free parking, PTO plan, professional development opportunities and more.
House of Ruth provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Furthermore, the employees of House of Ruth do not engage in physically strenuous or physically demanding activities, which would preclude the hiring (or consideration of hiring) of individuals with physical disabilities.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.