What to Expect on Your Initial Visit
If you are living with HIV in the Louisville, Kentucky area, and need assistance meeting your basic needs, House of Ruth may be able to help. To receive services, you must first become a client of House of Ruth.
To get the process started:
- Call to schedule an initial assessment with our Social Services Specialist, Alaina Nixon, at 502-587-5080 ext. 11. We cannot accommodate walk-ins.
- When you schedule your appointment, you will be given a list of documents that you need to bring to your initial appointment.
- Be sure to attend the appointment at the scheduled time.
What to expect
At your initial assessment, you will learn about available services and your eligibility. The intake assessment takes about an hour and a half.
- Upon arrival, you will present the required documentation and copies will be made for your file.
- With the Social Services Specialist, you will complete a psychosocial assessment. This helps to identify your current needs.
- Once the assessment is complete, the Social Services Specialist will provide recommendations on House of Ruth services that may benefit your needs and situation.
- As needed, the Social Services Specialist will also provide you with information regarding additional resources available from our community partners that may benefit you. Our specialist can also help you complete the referrals for these programs.
- You and the Social Services Specialist will work together to create a care plan to help you meet your self-identified goals.
- Supportive services can be provided at your initial appointment or on an as needed basis in the future.